Friday, May 18, 2012

Angry Birds Party



The Angry Birds Party was a big hit!
I had a pretty ecstatic 5 year old on my hands.

Before we get to the party pics, 
I wanted to share one last craft, the goodie bags!
And as the kids tell me, it's the most important part,
besides cake,
and presents. :)

I started off by buying some red and blue bags at Target.
I then pulled some graphics off the internet and enlarged them to fit.
Get the face downloads HERE and HERE


Cut out your faces and bring out the bags.


Glue the faces as shown.
I used Elmer's Glue.
Take a sharpie and add the little feather bumps over their heads.



When they are dry, fill 'em up!
We filled ours with the Angry Birds poms, stickers, tattoo, foam bird glider,
water gun, cheese its, fruit snacks, push pops and an eraser.


Now on to the party.
We held it at a local Bounce place.
As you can imagine, I couldn't get any good bouncy pics.
These kids are FAST.

We were limited with our room decorations, 
so I got Angry birds table clothes and tableware.


Little man enjoying his pizza.


Yum, ice cream cake!
The kids sang (errr, shouted) the funniest version of Happy Birthday
that I have heard to date.


Then it was goodie bag and pinata time!


My friend captured this action shot of the kids diving into to the candy tidal wave.
Note the look of fear in my eyes as I try to get away.


Then we had fun with the empty pinata.
All of the kids got a turn and a picture as we all laughed.

Here is Michael.


And I couldn't leave Jaime out.
LOL.


Yesterday, was Michael's actual birthday.
He told me that he's a man now
and mans (yes, mans) get big cakes, NOT cupcakes.

So, I decided to try my hand at an Angry Birds cake.
I tried the spoon frosting technique to make it look like feathers.
Michael and the kids loved the cake and then 
devoured it.
Except for Michael, who doesn't like cake. :)


Later that night, Jaime, Michael and I had a celebration dinner at Chuck E. Cheeese's 
after a trip to Toys R Us.
I had one happy boy.



XOXO,
Photobucket

Linking to these great parties:



Tuesday - Tip Junkie * Sugarbee Crafts * Funky Polkadot Giraffe * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * Crafty Confessions * Home Stories A to Z * Homework * Not Just a Housewife * Project Queen *A Diamond in the Stuff * Cherished Bliss * Blackberry Vine * Uncommon * The Southern Product Queen


Wednesday - Someday Crafts *Sew Much Ado * Tea Rose Home *A Little Tipsy * The Thrifty Home * Fireflies and Jellybeans * My Girlish Whims * Gingersnap Crafts *  Raegun Wear * The CSI ProjectThe Stuff of Success * Lil' Luna * The Sasse Life * Fine Craft Guild * Savvy Southern Style







9 comments:

  1. looks great i am planning a angry bird party for the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!! So creative, and every little boy's dream theme (who am I kidding, my husband would love this birthday party, too:)! Found you on Live. Laugh. Rowe's blog hop, and am so excited to be able to follow you. Would love for you to visit sometime - stringtownhome.blogspot.com!

    Have a great week!
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment and follow! I stopped over to your blog and love it. Am following now too. :)

      XOXO,
      Melysa

      Delete
  3. What a fun birthday party! The cake looks delicious. :)

    I'm your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job coordinating everything - especially like the easy & cute bags! Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Planning an Angry Birds b-day party for my 5-year old weekend and came across your cake. It looks wonderful. It looks simple enough to do and is perfect for the theme. Can you tell me what type of icing and/or food coloring you used to get that vibrant red?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Wilton Gel Food Colors. I got mine at Michael's craft store. You need to use a lot of the die it make it look red and not pink. Good Luck and I'd love to see pics. :)

      Delete
    2. Great, that's what I have picked up...Did you make your icing? Going to try my hand at it tonight or in the morning...fingers crossed I can get it to look half as nice as yours (cake decorating is NOT my thing) :-)

      Delete
    3. I didn't just used vanilla Betty Crocker. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too, it's scary decorating free hand like that. Please send me a finished pic! Have fun at the party. :)

      Delete

Please leave us a note, we love hearing from you!